June 8th

Hi Everyone!

  Prior to the trip, I know I was very excited to meet and befriend local Dominicans.
    While painting at the church My team and I were able to meet Luis. Luis is a 28 year old married man with three kids (one daughter, two sons). 

  Luis stayed both days with us at the church but also has a job in exporting fruit to the U.S.
   Luis was not only very kind and hospitable but extremely patient, helpful and encouraging. He would direct and help us with the painting, and answer every question with a smile (no matter how many times we asked). He was patient with us all as we tried to find words to properly express what we wanted to say. He would joke with us often and engage in our silliness.


   Luis invested in us, he made the point to tell us when we did a good job, he remembered our names, and he remembered things we spoke about the day before, like how excited I was for green paint ( riveting, I know).
   Speaking Spanish with Luis helped me not only to learn more Spanish but it also caused my confidence in speaking Spanish to grow.
   After two days with Luis, lots of paint, sun and a little bit of dancing (Luis said Deidre is an excellent dancer). We had to say goodbye.Fortunately, thanks to technology Stu and I were able to connect with Luis on social media and we of course will share that with our team.



With love,
             Kim

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Travel Day

Samaná summary

Last night in the USA